Tuesday, July 1, 2014

REVIEW: NYX BUTTER LIPSTICKS + SWATCHES

 

Another lipstick blog posts, now focusing on the NYX BUTTER LIPSTICKS. I have 8 out of 23 shades, mostly pinks of course. These are on my wishlist for the past months and I kept on staring at photos and watching Youtube videos of their swatches. So finally I caved in and when the package arrived, I went craycray and grabbed my lightbox and camera and shoot these images so that I can swatch these babies and play with them. 
 


I only got eight just because I don't think the pale ones and the reds would suit me that well. Besides I only have eyes for the pinks. The shades I got were:

big cherry - true vibrant red
pops- mauve
candy buttons- light peach
little susie- vibrant warm pink
gumdrop- light bubble gum pink
taffy- cool barbie pink
sweet tart- bright berry pink
razzle- neon purple pink





 What I like about it:
moisturizing
glides on smoothly
no scent
affordable
great shade selection
pigmented

What I don't like:
not that opaque compared to the pictures I saw

Price: 280 at Makeupholics


swatches

indoor light

daylight
















xoxo
Instagram: @abawtfayz
Facebook page: @aboutfacebypau

 


5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I tagged in the liebster award - hope you don't mind :-) There's more information about it on my blog sez-vie.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both love pink lippies; however, I think the red lippies will suit you too.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Nyx Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look gorgeous! I really want to try NYX as a brand, maybe I should start with their lipsticks?

    Anyway, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you're interested in filling it out?

    Cakilicious @ Brighton and Back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shades !! I personally like the Sweet Tart !! , Followed your Lovely blog !! Hoping for your follow back !! :)

    xo
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)