Friday, June 27, 2014

REVIEW: PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA YOUTHFUL WEAR SPOTLESS PRESSED POWDER



Hello, 

It's been a hectic week for me. It went from bad to worse when I got a sprain on my right back and arm. I can use my hand now but it still hurts like hell. So to use my spare time, I will feature the PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA YOUTHFUL WEAR SPOTLESS PRESSED POWDER in Translucent.

I got this from Sweet and Sparkle Shop for around 580 or so, along with the PHYSICIAN'S FORMULA YOUTHFUL WEAR SPOTLESS LIQUID FOUNDATION, that I reviewed a couple weeks ago.





Physician's Formula is a US brand of organic makeup products. It's hard to purchase this specific brand locally because only online shops sell this brand. I do love makeup, but I always prefer to use the organic ones, especially when they are cruelty free and hypoallergenic. Physician's Formula is a drugstore brand, although they are priced around 500-700 here in the Philippines because there are only a few who sells them. The law of supply and demand. 

My favorite Physician's Formula product is their Matte Youthful Wear Pressed Powder in Translucent. I can't get enough of it. I even prefer that one over Revlon pressed powders because it doesn't irritate my skin at all. When Sweet and Sparkle Shop posted their prebuy makeup items, and I saw these Youthful Wear new collection, I immediately contacted them for my reservations.  





What I like about it:

no scent
paraben free
hypoallergenic
same packaging with the original Youthful Wear powder
buildable 
does not look cakey
medium coverage

What I don't like about it:

brush is flimsy
has a shimmery/dewy finish
not matte




a closer look at the shimmery coated powder


one swipe swatch


side by side with the PF Youthful Wear Matte pressed powder

This is the Youthful Wear I love (right) that I always use. I have one inside my makeup bag, and another in my bag, and another in my makeup drawer as a back up. I do like the Spotless one too, but I prefer a matte finish over a shimmery one. If you like that finish, you will definitely love this one!

It's not too noticeable, actually the shimmer are finely milled. So if you like a medium coverage pressed powder that you can wear on top of any foundation, this one's the winner. You can also wear this alone, because of its medium coverage, it can be used as a powder foundation as well.



(L-R) PF Youthful Wear Spotless powder & PF Youthful Wear Matte powder


daylight
So what do you think? Is it worth trying?

You may buy this makeup from Sweet and Sparkle Shop on Facebook. 


https://www.facebook.com/sweetandsparkle?fref=ts





xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Great post:)
    Following you now,hope you'll do the same!:**
    Keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)