Saturday, May 31, 2014

REVIEW: MAYBELLINE VIVIDS LIPSTICK - VIVID ROSE + SWATCH

For 10 years, I only had one lipstick. A MAC lipstick with the old cylindrical packaging that I don't even know the shade name. It was just a mauvey toned one and I kept on using it because I thought it was lip balm. Yes, I was that naive about makeup back then. I even remember using a Bench lip and cheek tint as blush, but it looked patchy and ridiculous. But that was then, and now I have widened my vocabulary and included lipstick, sheer, pearl, matte, amplified, vivid, and all sorts of other terms. Somehow, I have come point a point in my life where I collect lipsticks. Pink lipsticks.

The latest on to add in my collection is the MAYBELLINE VIVIDS LIPSTICK IN VIVID ROSE
I always wanted this one, but passed on it a couple of times just because I was arguing with myself if I need to have that particular shade. Of course the latter won, and now that alter ego is enjoying and rejoicing for all eternity.







I got this lipstick from Bon Marche, and when it arrived it already has a chip on the tip. I wonder why. Anyway, it swatched pretty well and I loved the shade! It is my current favorite opaque and bold shade.



the chipped tip of the lipstick


Pigmentation:

The best thing about this vivids line is that it is very pigmented and glossy, and I can layer the color to get the full opacity I want without it looking so sticky and feathered out. It doesn't bleed on my lips, plus it has no strong smell at all. No lead too, because I tested it out by rubbing my gold ring on a swatch.




Longevity:

Fades away after eating, it lasts around 2-3 hours. Sad part is that it transfers a lot! It smears on my clothes and drinking glass.




Price point:

Affordable at P280


Where to buy:

Bon Marche
Department Stores









What shade from the Maybelline Vivids collection do you have? Post it on Instagram and tag me @abawtfayz


xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)