Monday, February 3, 2014

REVIEW: Blemishes and treatments

This is a topic everyone can surely relate. Well, almost. There are few people so blessed with perfect skin that they aren't familiar with our bestfriend "Benzoyl Peroxide". But for us who suffer acne, or whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, these skin care routine and ingredients are definitely a must. 

So what is acne? 

According to Mr. wikipedia, Acne vulgaris is a common human skin disease, characterized by areas of skin with scaly red skin, whiteheads or blackheads, pimples, papules, and scarring. 

How to prevent it? 

Many acne treatments exist. You may use Benzoyl Peroxide, antibiotics, retinoids, antiseborrheic medications, salicylic acid, azelaic acid, nicotinamide and keratolytic soaps.



These are what I regularly use to treat pimples. I don't have severe acne, but I do get pimples every month on those women's dreadful days. Anyway, I use Benzoyl Peroxide or Benzac 10% to dey up the forming acne, it causes dryness of my face which I admittingly like, just because I have a very oily skin. If I get a big zit, I put the benzac on that spot until the acne subsides. 

I also use Garnier facial wash that has salicylic acid in it. It mainly helps in lessening acne due to bactericidal and keratolytic properties. What I've noticed is that Salicylic acid causes my face or parts of my skin to get darker. 

For mild to severe acne, try to use Clindamycin antibiotic capsule. I always buy the capsule with the highest milligram, put the content of the capsule (the powder) in my toner or Eskinol. That helps with pimples and whiteheads. 

These treatments does not help large pores or oilyness. It doesn't treat the redness of the face, nor lessen the pimple scars. I suggest you go to a Dermatologist for further advice. 

Disclaimer: I am not a registered nurse or a doctor. I am writing this merely from experience and trial and error with several other medications. this is not a sponsored post. 


If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. 


xoxo






Pau

1 comment:

  1. I have suffered adult acne after my operation. Eskinol and antibacterial soap worked for me :)

    http://homebaseddiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)