Tuesday, February 25, 2014

FAVORITES: Matte makeup combination for oily skin




Hi lovelies! It's been a while since I posted a decent image, am still using my phone to capture pictures, hopefully soon I can get my hands on a digital camera. For now, let's talk about makeup and makeup and more makeup!

Having a very oily skin is never easy to deal with. Oily skin is always accompanied with large pores and pimples. I am stressing out oilyness today because summer is just around the corner. To combat oilyness, of course a good skin regimen is always a must. But how to prevent your makeup from sliding down your face and getting patchy after a few hours? 


I have a few items here that I use religiously. Face primer, foundation, and pressed powder. I have tested hundreds and thousands of other makeup to see which combination of makeup will stay matte on my face for more than 8hours. So far, these three did the best in staying power and keeping my face oil-free. 

L'oreal perfecting makeup base
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme
Physician's Formula Youthful Wear pressed powder

My technique:

First, I put the L'oreal studio secrets perfecting makeup base thinnly all over my face. I let it sink in and settle into my skin for about 10mins. When I feel my face is already dry, I put Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme in my entire face and neck, let it dry for another 5minutes, and then put makeup on my lips and eyebrows. Last, I use Physicians Formula Youthful Wear pressed powder, blush, contour. 

By letting the primer set, it sinks to my pores and absorbs the oils. I've tried using these three together but without 5-10minutes interval. I put the foundation right after putting the primer. It made my face oily within 3hours, especially in mu nose and forehead. So for a better foundation application and matte finish, let your choice of primer sink to your skin,let it settle and dry first before applying anything on your face. Do your eyebrow, hair, or lips, or eye makeup first, and then put foundation. 

Just a little suggestion for people who also experience having to blot oil on their faces all throughout the day. 


xoxo



Instagram: @about.face
Facebook: aboutfacebypau
Twitter: @aboutacebypau
Follow me on bloglovin'! 



Pau

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)