Thursday, January 30, 2014

REVIEW: Drugstore Face Primers

Who has a perfect face? I think many of us suffer from acne, pimple scars or marks, uneven skin tone, discoloration, or large pores. Dry or oily, no matter what skin type you have, there will be flaws on your skin. And accepting that fact can help you deal with the not-so-perfect skin, try these primers perhaps. 


I do have large pores on my nose and under the eye area. I also have oily skin. I may be slightly fair but I don't have perfect skin. During my teenage years, I was NC25, with no pimples or large pores. After 10years, suddenly everything changed. Because of hormonal imbalance due to my thyroid disorder, I now have occasional acne here and there. I have uneven skintone, my forehead and nose is slightly bit darker than the rest of my face. So I religiously use primers after moisturizing my face and before applying foundation. 





My three drugstore face primers are: 


Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser



Loreal Studio secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base



NYX Photo-loving Primer clear

The loreal one is in mousse-type consistency, and nyx and maybelline in silicone-type.


Left: Maybelline pore eraser, Center: Loreal Magic Perfecting Base, Right: Nyx photo-loving primer

Maybelline: 
Clear silicone gel
Dries fast on skin
No smell
Doesn't blur large pores
Smoothens skin
Mattifies my skin for 4hours
22mL which is a good amount 
Price P249

L'oreal:
Pinkish mousse consistency
Leaves a white overlay on skin when not blended well
Blurs large pores
Dries fast
Let it sit on skin for about 2mins before applying foundation
Smoothens skin
A faint smell of wall paint
Mattifies my skin for more than 6hours
15mL
Price P450
Jar is a bit heavy
Less product, pricey

Nyx:
Blurred silicone 
Blends really well
No residue
Does not sit on top of skin
Slightly blurs large pores
Mattifies my skin for 6hours
Dries fast
30mL 
Price: P650 



Both Maybelline and NYX didnt leave any white cast, However the best for mattifying the skin is Loreal. For blurring your large pores, I'd pick NYX. 



Which one do I prefer?

For everyday, I always use NYX. And if I go out with makeup on and I know I would stay outside longer than 6hours, I use Loreal, just because I hate looking like a greasy pan. 

Maybelline is good for it's price, P249, but it doesn't help any of my skin issues. 


Verdict: 

Maybelline ❤️❤️ 
Loreal: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ 
NYX: ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 







Xoxo

Pau



Follow my Instagram: @abawtfayz

2 comments:

  1. Have never tried NYX nor Loreal primers. Will lookout for those! :)

    xo,Juvy
    www.plumpcheeks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question about thyroid: have you had an ultrasound of it? Sometimes a goiter can grow inwards causing asthma-like symptoms.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)