Thursday, July 18, 2013

FAVORITES: Cheap Makeup Products Worth Trying (under P200) FACE

Part 2 of the CHEAP MAKEUP PRODUCTS WORTH TRYING sequel

The best things in life are free they say, but makeup freebies are only for the elites who are blessed to get them. So we common humans need to buy makeup ourselves. There are a few cosmetic brands that sell their makeups for P30-P200 price range. Some of the foreign brands like Revlon, Covergirl, Smashbox, L'oreal offer most of their products in a much higher range of P500 or more. Not that I'm complaining, but hey maybe they can lower their prices a bit more, US prices are far cheaper. 

With this blog post, I'm going to tell you where to get these products for a fraction of the mall cost. I'm not an expert in anyway, these are just my plain thoughts and I hope they are helpful to girls (and guys) out there.

FACE


Covergirl clean makeup creamy natural P157
 I got this foundation during Jnlink777's sale on Ebay. Back then, I only have one foundation and it was a Revlon Photoready in Medium beige I bought from Dutyfree. And I wanted a matte foundation with no makeup funny fragrance that makes me sneeze. This foundation is light to medium coverage, smooth and semi-dewy finish, and as stated it is fragrance free. The only thing I don't like about this is that it transfer to my cloths, and lasts only for 3-5hours on my skin and disappears, just because I have a very oily skin. This is suitable for normal to dry skin, it won't cling onto your dry patches. 

Mall price: P300+
Online seller: P150+




Nichido True Colors Liquid Foundation P199
 The original price of this is P269, but I got this on sale for P199 at SM North Edsa. This is my go-to foundation when I don't like to put heavy makeup. It's light to the skin, feels soft, and water based. What I like about this foundation is that it also has suncreen, oil-free, and doesn't have a pungent smell. It comes in a glass container with pump that does not clog. At first I thought the "true natural" shade was way too light for me, but it oxidized on my skin and blended well with my skintone. It dries matte, but after a few hours under the sun it cakes up, slides off my face easily, and makes me oily. I think this is best suited for dry skin or normal/combination skin.



Maybelline Pure Makeup in pure beige P152
 I also got this from Jnlink777 on Ebay. This was not the product I ordered, so I got a refund instead. But I tried it as well, this was way too dark for me, but I liked that it evened out my skin, doesn't have pore-clogging oil ingredients, and has a nice tinted moisturizer texture that isn't runny like other liquid foundations. It blends really well, has a light to medium coverage, thought the smell makes me sneeze. *teehee* After a few tries, I found that this does not break me out, although it only stay on my face for a couple of hours, I'd say this is worth to try. Good for oily skin because it is water-based, and great for normal to dry because this also does not cling to dry patches. 




Nichido Final Powder in So Natural P150
 For months, I've struggled with finding my setting powder Holy Grail. I have a naturally very oily skin which I really dread about, and it's a matter of finding which setting powder or spray will keep my face matte the longest. I only use loose powders at home before I leave or when I do my makeup at home. I prefer pressed powders that are talc-free and paraben-free when I'm out, it's much more convenient and easy to carry around. See here my Holy Grail makeups. This Nichido comes in a large 25gram jar, and will last me a very long time. If you have oily, normal, or dry skin, this is good for you. You don't need to buy expensive setting powders like MAC's or Shu Uemura's. There are local brands with the exact same great qualities, you just have to search for it.




NYC Smooth SKin Pressed Face Powder in Natural Beige and Translucent P350 for 2
 This NYC product is packaged like the famous NYC Sunny, maybe that's why I grabbed for it the moment I saw it during the Superb Supersale Bazaar. I got it for P350 for any 2 products. so I got them for P175 each, pretty good deal I guess. After the bazaar, I headed home and tried this for a couple of times. I prefer the Natural Beige more, just because I like my powders to have color and I stay away from whites because it may leave a white cast during photo shoots. 
I love that this didn't break me out, good as a retouch powder, feels smooth on my skin, and doesn't clog my pores. 




Essence Stay Natural Concealer Pen P198
 Essence became one of my favorite drugstore brands after discovering it at SM Megamall. I immediately bought this concealer pen in soft nude for P198. It is in pen form which you will need to twist in order for the product to dispense out, which I kinda like. It's cheap, it's brilliant, and it works well. It covers up my gigantic eyebags and dark circles. The only thing I do not like is that it slides off my face when I use it on my pimples. 





Elf Baked Blushes 3dollars
As I've said, I am deeply in love  I think we're having a relationship already with ELF Baked makeups. And I ordered a bunch of these during their 50% off sale. I ordered 3 Pinktastic, 2 Passion Pink, 1 Peachy Cheeky , and 1Rich Rose . I love Pinktastic a lot! It's my perfect highlight with a hint of soft pink. It's pigmented, and if you use a damp brush you'll get even more better pigmentation. I got them for 1.5dollars each, and I'm happy about it. Considering how big it is, I assume this would last me pretty much around 6months-1 year. It has shimmers which doesn't show up in the Rich Rose one, the best among the bunch. For 3 bucks or 120pesos, you can't go wrong. The only thing I don't like is that ELF doesn't distribute it here yet,so it's not available locally. You may check Ebay, or Facebook, and Instagram, I saw a few who sells them for P198 and up. =) 



I hope I help all of you. And please comment down below if you love or hate this CHEAP MAKEUP PRODUCTS WORTH TRYING series that I'm doing. Thanks!

xoxo


Pau

9 comments:

  1. I love bazaars too bad there no one in the place I live, you got a lot of good products here!

    Win a Free Pair of Shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good list. Some of these are going into my "to try" list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get these products on sale? They are too cheap! Are these 100% authentic?

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Carla, Dawn, and Pauline. I got these from bazaars, online makeup shops, and ebay. I only buy authentic makeup products because I have a very sensitive skin. Hope I helped. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love E.L.F. products! I'm planning to try Essence Stay Natural Concealer Pen...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.... you also like nichido loose powder I have read some pinay bloggers love this too.. I haven't tried it yet but if ever I finished mime I'll get this. :) Thanks for sharing this I will definitely try some of this products :)


    I also blog please do visit my blog :)
    http://makeupandmylife.blogspot.com
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Nichido, they got quality items in very cheap price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay Paula, Thanks a lot for your reply :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! Will definitely try everything.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)