Sunday, June 2, 2013

FAVORITES: May 2013

 MAY  FAVORITES

May Favorites =)

It's that time of the month! Yipee! Last day of May 2013 and I'm raving about these super awesome products I hauled all throughout this month. You might see some identical items here from my other posts just because I use them religiously. For a year, I raved about ELF products (on my own thoughts), and I thought I loved the brand. Sadly, there are far better products out there such as Physician's Formula -my favorite-, Revlon, Benefit -my favorite high end-, and NYX -the all time champion who won my heart over ELF. It's really a mix and match for me, no particular brand pops in my mind that covers all face and eye and skin care aspects of cosmetics. As far as I'm concerned, one brand stands out in face products, one also in eyes, another maybe in makeup tools, and so forth. 


Benefit Confessions of a Concealoholic
(Phased out - Philippines)

I particularly am fond of concealers, especially by Benefit. So when I found this kit during the 5-day Superb Supersale Bazaar, I grabbed one and paid Php1,000.00 . It has two Boi-ing #1 and #2, one Erase Paste, one That Gal highlighter, One Eye bright, and one Lemon Aid, also there's  two 2-end brushes for each concealer. neat!


Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural
Php 550.00
 This blush has amazing pigmentation, a subtle baby pink that's very complementary to my neutral skin. A mood boosting effect due to it's Europhoryl that gives that happy feeling (oh yeah! I definitely need this one!), it is also gluten and paraben free, great for Acne prone and oily skin. 


Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in Translucent
Php350

I'm one of those people who likes to match makeup products with the ones also from the same line. So I paired this pressed powder by Revlon, from their Colorstay line, with the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation in Medium beige, and Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation in Medium Beige. I am loving the Colorstay collection, and so far I have no other love but these babies. As you all know, my face can be so oily especially during summer, and I've tried other foundations but they didn't work any miracle for me. Good thing I found lots of reviews about this from Youtube, and decided that I should get one myself. Unfortunately, the foundation costs Php975 at SM Malls, and the pressed powder costs php975 too! Bummer. So I ordered from legit online stores for a fraction of the price. Saved me time and money!yey.



Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in hazel eyes
Php 500
 Surely by now all of you know that I'm having a secret relationship with Physician's Formula products. 
They're gluten and paraben free which I definitely like, a plus point for PF! So when I got this eyeliner trio from Chedelyn's Cosmetics, I made out with my new physician's formula lover. Tehe he he. I'm going to post a review about this so stay tuned.




NYX Nude on Nude palette
Php 1,300

Oh who doesn't know that this little sucker is an exact dupe for Urban Decay's Naked and Naked2 palettes. Those 2 palettes cost 36dollars each, while NYX's costs only 25dollars. Great pigmentation even without Eyelid primer, not chalky, no fall outs, and definitely does not crease. I super love this palette, and can't wait to purchase another NYX palette, that is the Butt Naked palette.

Physician's Formula Bronze Booster Shimmer in Medium to Dark
php500.00
 As you can see in the photo above it's super shimmery. It might make my face look dirty if used too much. On the other hand, this can be used as a light bronzer along with a blush, just a little flushed look, not to be used as a contour bronzer. 




NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
Php500.00
Last but not the least, this awesome product that would be my bestfriend if it can mattify my ever so oily skin. * sigh *
I wanted to try the Model in a bottle setting spray but it costs Php850.00, and I wanted to test the setting sprays first. As always, I use loose setting powders, and my current favorite is the Ben Nye Banana Luxury powder. So good luck to my face, please please don't break me out! =)

That's that for my May favorites post, and see you in my next posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment down! Have a wonderful day :)